tpm’s leaders prioritise safeguarding. They are critically aware of their responsibilities on safeguarding young people and provide effective safeguarding arrangements and guidance for staff, learners, employers and stakeholders. These are achieved thorough good links with the local children’s safeguarding board and other organisations that focus on ensuring learners’ safety.
tpm has clear and effective policy and procedures in place. There are seven main elements to our policy:
- Ensuring we practice safe recruitment in checking the suitability, Identity and validity of staff to work with young and or vulnerable people.
- Providing effective training to raise awareness on all safeguarding and e-safety issues to equip staff and young people with the skills needed to keep them safe.
- Developing and then implementing effective safeguarding procedures for identifying and reporting cases, or suspected cases, of abuse or neglect, and in line with the Government’s Prevent Strategy, extremism and or radicalisation.
- Supporting students who disclose abuse/neglect or are suspected by a staff member or employer/placement manager of being abused, in accordance with our policies and procedures.
- Supporting students who disclose concerns or potential risk to their safety or well being in connection with ‘exposure to or experience of extremism or radicalisation’ or are suspected by a staff member or employer/placement manager of being at risk in this manner, in accordance with our policies and procedures.
- Establishing and maintaining safe environment/s in which students and young people can learn and develop.
- Ensuring the safe use of ICT networks, resources and ‘Online Safety Guidelines’ for access to internet facilities
We ensure that personal and e-safety is communicated and prioritised. We operate a highly-managed rather than lock-down approach to e-safety. We put a strong emphasis on making sure learners understand and practice responsible use of the internet and information communication technology (ICT).
tpm‘s safeguarding arrangements and procedures well-exceed minimum requirements, providing: stringent recruitment checks and enhanced DBS Certification, staff training and 3 yearly refreshers, Digital Citizenship, CEOP and extremism and radicalisation awareness for all learners underpin comprehensive security arrangements.
Brian Quinn is the Director responsible for safeguarding 07595954257
Tammy Vickery is the Senior Manager responsible for safeguarding 07769110977