tpm’s quality assurance strategy is driven by an embedded culture which is focused on providing high quality learning opportunities in a supportive environment, which responds to the educational and training needs of each learner and staff member. Each individual member of the staff who forms part of our network of curriculum, service and management teams supports this quality culture. It will thrive as every member of staff accepts personal responsibility for the quality of their own work and department.
To make a measurable contribution to the region’s skills and qualifications by providing Merseyside people, schools and employers with high quality, flexible training and support.
- Provide opportunity and excellence in education and training services, working with other partners and providers at school, college, university and private sector level.
- Be an exemplar of equality, diversity and inclusion, recognise and embrace learning difference.
- Recruit and engage the widest diversity of learners from a range of local community groups.
- Focus on learner’s and employers needs, support and aspirations; setting challenging targets to increase participation through a responsive and flexible curriculum
- Ensuring the highest levels of successful apprenticeship frameworks are achieved and maintained
- Developing and maintaining an inclusive provision; accessible to learners of differing abilities, recognising, analysing and supporting social and learning difference; specific learning difficulty and disabilities (ALSN)
- Attract and develop inspirational, highly experienced and well-qualified teaching, learning, assessment and managerial staff
- Be a training partner of choice for employers in our specialist occupational sectors in the Liverpool city region and Merseyside
- Provide value for money educational services