tpm’s Access to Employment course: helping young people into employment and a long term career
Our 6 month Access to Employment course is for school leavers and other young people aged 16, 17 or 18. The course is shaped to your individual needs and gives you:
- Proven workplace skills like creative thinking, project management, team-working, budget planning, presenting information
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Maths and English training if you need it
- Real work experience placements – choose which industry sectors interest you
- Level 1 qualifications in Employability Skills and childcare or Business Administration or Units towards Hairdressing
Access to Employment gives you the skills, qualifications and work experience you need on your CV to impress employers and help you get your first job.
All students who complete Access to Employment are guaranteed an interview for an apprenticeship or other vacancies with local employers
You will receive high quality one-to-one support whilst on the course. tpm is a dyslexia and learning difference specialist
4 stages to the course
Our Access to Employment course is made up of 4 stages:
- Firstly, through in-depth discussions with you, your tpm mentor will identify exactly how your programme needs to be shaped – what skills training to include, what work placements, and the type and level of personal and/or learning support
- Industry experience – you will gain real work experience with local professional companies in the industry sectors you want to develop your career in
- Skills training and qualifications – whilst on Access to Employment, you will develop workplace skills, Maths and English skills if you need them, and you’ll gain level 1 qualifications
- After you’ve graduated, your tpm mentor will advise you on how to progress into employment or on to an Apprenticeship. An interview will be arranged for you with a local employer. By this time you should have gained all the skills you need to succeed at interview.
Why train with tpm?
tpm are experts in training young people, providing them with the skills and support they need to enter the world of work. Thanks to contacts with many local businesses, tpm has helped hundreds of local young people get their first proper job.
Find out more about Access to Employment and getting your first job. Call Michelle on 0151 709 6000 or email Natalie.Harris@tpmnow.co.uk