Apprenticeships Levy: 5 reasons why tpm Apprenticeship employers have nothing to fear

Reason #1

The team at tpm have kept up to date with all the Government changes to Apprenticeships

tpm staff have worked out exactly how the Apprenticeship employers they work with are affected. This means companies don’t have to spend valuable time getting up to speed with the detail of the changes. We guarantee to keep you updated with any information that affects you, in plenty of time

 

Reason #2

98% of tpm Apprenticeship employers aren’t going to be affected by the introduction of the Levy

The majority of tpm Apprenticeship employers will remain unaffected by the introduction of the Apprenticeships Levy. Only employers with a wage bill of over £3m will be liable. Smaller employers will not have to pay the Levy but they will be expected to pay 10% of the cost of Apprenticeship training and assessment for staff aged 19 and over, with the Government paying the remaining 90%. tpm will handle all administration associated with the employer’s 10% contribution; so you don’t even need to concern yourselves with this aspect.

Employer contributions for apprentices aged 19 and over will range from £340 to £520 depending on the type and level of Apprenticeship.

Most importantly, if you have less than 50 employees, and you recruit a 16 to 18 year old apprentice, then the Government will pay 100% costs of Apprenticeship training and assessment.

 

Reason #3

More financial support will be available to employers

Many of our Apprenticeship employers will be better off under the forthcoming Apprenticeship reforms. This is because the Government will pay employers an extra £1000 for every 16 to 18 year old apprentice they recruit. This is on top of funding 100% of training and assessment costs for employers with under 50 staff. Also, the Government will pay an additional £1000 to an employer for every 19-24 year old apprentice they recruit who is leaving care or who has a Local Authority Education, Health and Care plan. tpm will ensure you get any of these additional support payments that you are entitled to

 

Reason #4

Better quality school leavers

More capable young people than ever are considering Apprenticeships as an alternative to A-levels and university due to high costs of HE and number of unemployed graduates without work experience. This means employers have a higher quality pool of apprentice candidates to pick from. Over the past 12 months, tpm has extensively developed its apprentice recruitment programme and we are proud to be able to offer our employers higher calibre interviewees than ever before

 

Reason #5

 

Less restrictions on who can do Apprenticeships

Restrictions on who can access training via Apprenticeships have been lifted. So for example if you have existing members of staff with higher level qualifications such as university degrees, they can now be retrained through Apprenticeships to fit in with new or enhanced roles within the business, as long as the Apprenticeship is in a substantially different subject area. So for example an employee who is a graduate in accountancy and currently looks after your accounts could go on an Apprenticeship in social media and take on responsibility for this too within your organisation.

Tags: , , ,

Apprenticeships Traineeships Positive about disabled people - recognition by Jobcentre Plus Investors in People Cache nurturing achievement The matrix Standard Habia member school BIIAB Merseyside Hairdressing Forum VTCT Greater Merseyside Learning Providers Federation Mode Training Ltd Training Excellence European Social Fund