Anti-Bullying Week is coordinated by the Anti-Bullying Alliance and takes place this year from 13th – 17th November 2017 and is supported by SafeToNet.
Anti-Bullying Week shines a spotlight on bullying and encourages all children, teachers and parents to take action against bullying throughout the year. The theme this year is ‘All Different, All Equal’ with the aims:
This Anti-Bullying Week we want to:
- empower children and young people to celebrate what makes them, and others, unique.
- help children and young people understand how important it is that every child feels valued and included in work, college , school or nursery and able to be themselves, without fear of bullying.
- encourage parents and mentors to work with their nursery, school or college and talk to their children and young people about bullying, difference and equality.
- enable teachers and other children’s workforce professionals to celebrate what makes us ‘all different, all equal’ and celebrate difference and equality. Encouraging them to take individual and collective action to prevent bullying, creating safe environments where children and young people can be themselves.
How can you get involved in Anti-Bullying Week 2017?
- Children and young people can nominate their teacher/member of school, college or nursery staff for our annual Power for Good Award
- Download the official Anti-Bullying Week 2017 logos and share on your websites and newsletters
- Display the official Anti-Bullying Week 2017 Poster
- Share your Anti-Bullying Week plans and activities online (@ABAonline) using #AntiBullyingWeek #AllDifferentAllEqual
- Raise much needed funds for the work of the Anti-Bullying Alliance
- Celebrate what makes you and others All Different, All Equal